715 The Alameda
Click to View
loading your dream home...
The grace, and appreciation of place are perfectly represented by this gorgeous Arts and Crafts style home designed by Henry Gutterson. An attractive brick decorative facade invites you into a redwood-paneled living room with 20-ft cathedral ceiling and subtly-lit crossbeams. Heading upstairs, a staircase curves past leaded glass windows to views of SF and colorful tree canopies unfolding down-slope. The natural beauty of the Thousand Oaks neighborhood is at your doorstep with its dramatic rock outcroppings, eye-catching front yards and winding pathways.
Property offers 1000 sqft south-facing edible garden with deer-proof fencing and smaller two car garage. Seismically retrofitted foundation with steel columns added to upper sun-room. Large new basement with slab foundation. Metal roof and solar system.
Monterey Market, Cheeseboard and BART station are each about 5 minutes drive away, and 1/2 mile to Solano Avenue shops, Indian Rock Park and Farmer's market.
This home features:
• 3800 sq. ft. living space on a 16,400 sq. ft. lot
• The 4 bedrooms and 4 baths include 2 en-suite rooms
• Master bedroom suite features lots of storage space and a large office/study with an abundance of light
• Jack and Jill rooms have access to a newly built deck with hot tub and moon garden
• Upstairs landing doubles as a common room with San Francisco and Bay Bridge views.
• Formal dining room with vintage wallpaper
• Updated Kitchen has dining area with access to the level back yard
• Magnificent Redwood paneling in entry foyer and living room
• Dimmable/concealed LED lighting throughout cathedral ceiling in living room
• Garage on separate lot, located between 717 and 721 The Alameda
• 1000 sf south-facing veggie garden with sturdy, deer-proof fencing
• Alongside the charming Indian Trail, a public pathway 200ft to Great Stoneface Park
• Small funicular/elevator at side of yard
• Newer fully-insulated metal roof installed with 100%-owned solar panels
• Antique radiators connected to modern boiler system
• Seismically retrofitted foundation with steel columns added to support upper sun-room
• Well-lit, large basement constructed in 2012.
• Plentiful on-street parking, within Gig Car service area
• Perfect home for indoor/outdoor living, entertaining, and fund-raising events
Additional Showings by Appointment with the Listing Agent